SIOR Candidate Membership
SIOR Candidate Membership is for industrial and office brokerage practitioners working towards qualifying for the SIOR designation within the next five years.
If earning the SIOR designation is your ultimate goal, and you are interested in meeting eligibility requirements within the next five years, joining as an SIOR Candidate is the initial step to becoming an SIOR designee.
Who are SIOR Candidates?
- Industrial and office brokerage specialists with three to eight years’ experience who are not yet qualified to apply for the SIOR designation.
- Rising professionals taking the next step in advancing their careers.
Why Become a Candidate?
- Start the process of becoming an SIOR designee.
- Benefit from interaction with SIOR designees and access to SIOR’s education.
- Establish relationships with SIOR members and create your SIOR network.
- Build your business revenue and enhance professional development.
- Recognition as a rising industrial or office practitioner in your market.
- Gain valuable insight and instruction through mentor relationships.
- Discounted access to SIOR World Conferences and SIOR designation courses.
Applicants for Candidate Membership will be required to meet the following requirements.
- Experience: Applicants must have no less than three and no more than eight years’ experience as industrial and/or office brokers at the time of submitting an application.
- Education: Applicants must successfully complete the online ethics course.
- GFI: Applicants must submit GFI for the 12 months preceding the application and meet 50% of the established market GFI requirement.
- Recommendation: Applicants must obtain one recommendation from an Active Designee in the chapter.
- Mentor: Applicants must obtain one mentor, an Active Designee in the chapter. The mentor is responsible for providing guidance and advice to the candidate while working towards earning the SIOR designation.
SIOR Candidate Membership Responsibilities
- Progressively work for a maximum of five years towards qualification to apply for the SIOR designation.
- Meet regularly with a mentor in the local Chapter and report progress towards qualification.
- Attend at least one World Conference within 36 months of candidacy. Candidates are welcome to attend all World Conferences. Candidates will benefit from interaction with SIOR designees and access to SIOR’s education.
- Complete the SIOR education requirement by taking the SIOR designation courses during candidacy.